Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for an Assistant to Controller and Corporate Secretary to work in an industry-driven research environment. Vineland is a world-class research centre dedicated to horticultural science and innovation. Located in Canada’s Niagara Region, Vineland’s mission is to deliver innovative products and production solutions that address the needs of the horticulture industry and advance Canada’s research and commercialization agenda. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by the Canadian Agricultural Partnership.
Our people are the most important asset in achieving our goals and are known in the world for excellence in science and entrepreneurship. Our staff enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment noted for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Vineland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a member of our administration team, you will be responsible for supporting Vineland’s Financial Controller and Corporate Secretary on a daily basis and our leadership team as needed. This is a dual role.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Assistant to the Vineland Controller, you will support the Controller with:
- Financial management in fund accounting and/or grant reporting
- Financial project reporting, such as monthly and quarterly reports
- Setting up projects in the financial system, preparing invoices, assisting with year-end working papers
- Providing back up to Vineland’s purchasing and accounts payable functions
- Utilizing Vineland’s client relationship management system
- Other activities as directed by the Controller
Assistant to the Corporate Secretary, you will support the Corporate Secretary with:
- Creating and maintaining appropriate databases and repositories of organizational data, including organizational metrics and key performance indicators
- Providing support with Board operations, records and logistics as required, including scheduling, travel arrangements, preparation of expense claims and records maintenance
- Researching and compiling information for specific purposes including policy directions, governance and operational reports as needed
- Other activities as directed by the Corporate Secretary
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- 2+ years of general accounting, bookkeeping experience and administrative support
- Corporate governance administration experience is useful
- Experience managing board and committee processes
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working with confidential and sensitive information
- Working knowledge of Ontario Business Corporations Act and Ontario Corporations Act
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Analytical, problem solving skills
- Discretion with confidential and highly sensitive information
- Confidence and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel/Word/Outlook)
This is a contract position until March 31, 2022.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.