Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for two Research Assistant - Applied Genomics. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist full-time staff with research activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Apple orchard maintenance
- Apple pollination
- Vegetable plant production and maintenance
- Seedling transplanting
- General lab, field and greenhouse work
- Large scale data entry and management of data and sample identity preservation
- At least one year of university or college in a related field
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in a greenhouse or field
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Physically able to lift heavy objects (up to 40 pounds)
- Strong team work attitude and dependability is critical
- Able to perform repetitive tasks with high level of concentration
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with plants would be considered an asset
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
The term of appointment for these positions is May 1, 2017 to August 25, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.