Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Assistant - Horticulture Production. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist in field, greenhouse and laboratory work in the nursery and landscape lab.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greenhouse – monitor and maintain plant material (tree and tender fruit seedlings), monitor growth, stress and survival
- Field – hands on work planting trees, collecting soil samples for bulk density and other analyses, monitoring tree growth
- Minimum two years at a recognized college or university with related courses
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Applicant should be comfortable working in a physically demanding environment, in a variety of weather conditions
- Computer literacy in Excel and Word
The term of appointment for this position is May 1, 2017 to August 25, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.