Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Assistant, Applied Genomics - Summer Student or Co-op. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist the Biochemistry team with chemical analysis of samples from Vineland's tomato program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Chemical and physiological analysis of plant samples
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all testing performed
- Prepare reagents and supplies
- Use correctly and maintain instruments and laboratory equipment in good working condition
- Some greenhouse and field work may be required
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Preferably experience in laboratory with biochemistry techniques (i.e. sample preparation, metabolite extraction, chemical analysis, chromatography, mass spectrometry)
- Strong team work attitude and dependability is critical
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with high level of concentration
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, such as Excel
- Experience working with plants would be considered an asset
- At least one year of university or college in a related discipline (biotechnology/biology/chemistry)
- Experience working in a laboratory
The term of appointment for this position is May 1, 2017 to August 18, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.