Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Research Technician - Consumer Insights. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To provide assistance for sensory and consumer research activities within the Consumer Insights department specifically on fee for service contracts on off-site consumer research.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with sensory and consumer studies in Consumer Insights on-site and off-site
- Sample preparation and presentation for sensory evaluation and consumer research
- Chemical and physical measurements of products (e.g. pH, titratable acidity)
- Assist with project design, data formatting and statistical analysis
- Assist with report writing and literature reviews
- Completed undergraduate degree in food science, biology, psychology or related field
- Good laboratory skills and/or food handling practices
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Sensory and/or consumer science
Experience with data collection and statistical analysis an asset.
The term of appointment for this position is May 1, 2017 to December 8, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.