Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Senior Research Technician - Vegetable Production to work in an industry-driven research environment. Vineland is a world-class research centre dedicated to horticultural science and innovation. Located in Canada’s Niagara Region, Vineland’s mission is to deliver innovative products and production solutions that address the needs of the horticulture industry and advance Canada’s research and commercialization agenda. We are an independent, not-for-profit organization, funded in part by Growing Forward 2, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Our people are the most important asset in achieving our goals and are known in the world for excellence in science and entrepreneurship. Our staff enjoys an exciting and challenging work environment noted for collaboration and knowledge sharing.
Vineland welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To provide scientific and technical support to the vegetable production research.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage portfolio of research trials (field and greenhouse)
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders, assist in developing research proposals and conduct literature reviews
- Evaluate data, prepare reports and manuscripts and communication of research findings and other technical documents
- Under the supervision of the Research Scientist provide information on best management practices for crop production to growers
- Manage research budgets
- MSc in horticulture or related discipline
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience is desirable
- Vegetable and greenhouse production, fertility management, data collection and analysis
- Eligible to become P.Ag.
This is a full-time permanent position to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.