Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Summer Student - Robotics & Automation. You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To help with writing codes and programming of electronic components.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct surveys and patent search on different electromechanical technologies
- Help with the selection and ordering of electric and mechanical components
- Help with the assessment and comparison of various electromechanical solutions
- Help with conducting experiments and analysis on live crops
- Collect data for live crops using imaging sensors as well as other measuring instruments
- Filter and prepare collected data for statistical analysis
- Assist research scientists in writing technical reports and scientific publications
- Undergraduate student: Engineering, Computer Science, Biology or a related field
- Experience with data collection and filtering
- Experience with computer programming and writing codes
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with robotics and automation
- Experience with image processing
- Experience with Matlab, Python or other programming languages
- Experience with CAD models
The term of appointment for this position is May 1, 2017 to September 1, 2017. 17 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 12 pm at $13.25 per hour.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.