Vineland Research and Innovation Centre (Vineland) is recruiting for a Summer Student - Consumer Insights (Roses). You will be joining a highly-skilled research team, with oversight from an independent Board of Directors, engagement from an international Science Advisory Committee and collaboration with more than 160 global partners.
Vineland’s goal is to enhance Canadian growers’ commercial success through results-oriented innovation. We are an independent, not-for-profit horticulture research organization funded in part by Growing Forward 2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
To assist with data collection for the AAC Capacity Rose Consumer project.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the growth, health and flower coverage of over 300 roses
- Communicate and co-ordinate rose maintenance between departments
- Prepare roses for sensory and consumer evaluation
- Gather information regarding consumer evaluation protocols
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Completed first year of undergraduate degree in food science, plant biology, psychology or related field
- Sensory and/or consumer science
- Garden centre or greenhouse experience
- Interest in photography
The term of appointment for this position is from May 1, 2017 to August 18, 2017.
How to Apply:
Click on the Apply Now button.